Set in beautiful Lake County at the base of the Mayacama Mountains sits 111+/- acres of vineyard development opportunity. The property has 93+/- plantable acres of which 18+/- acres are planted to highly productive Sauvignon Blanc and 75 acres to pears (awaiting redevelopment to production vineyard). The entire ranch rests on Kelsey fine sandy loam soil, ideal for planting to vineyards.
The ranch’s water infrastructure consists of 7 agricultural wells and 1 domestic well, an abundance of water which is critical to the lifeline of any production vineyard. The existing vineyard of 18 acres was planted in 2001 and 2014. The long term average on the vineyard is north of 9 tons per acre. The vineyard is under contract to a large winery. Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay are natural planting choices for this ground and 800-1000 tons of quality fruit could come off this ranch after development of the 75 plantable acres. There is also an existing barn for equipment storage, and there is a loading area for harvest support.
Features at a glance
- 93 acres of vineyard plantable ground
- 18 acres currently planted to vineyard
- 73 additional plantable acres
- 8 total on-site wells producing an abundance of irrigation and frost water
- Multiple legal parcels
- Equipment barn/storage and staging area for harvest
- Kelsey Fine Sandy Loam soil
- Vineyard production 9+ tons per acre 5 year average
Presented at $2,400,000