Imagine leaving the Bay Area for your summer getaway and arriving at this 117+/- acre jewel known as the Red Tail Ranch. Ideally located about 1 hour and 40 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge and 25 minutes from Sonoma County, the RedTail Ranch is easily accessible from the City.
The paved county road from Highway 101 and the hamlet of Hopland take you west to the ranch and the automated solar keypad entrance. Passing through the ranch gates you traverse the meticulously manicured oak and manzanita woodlands as the land reveals a gorgeous open meadow. Continuing through the grassland, you pass the 1/2 acre fenced lavender field and arrive at the custom residence built-in 2006.
The views from the house are dramatic and look directly east head-on at Duncan Peak and the Hopland Valley below. The home, built by Jeff Rea—a local custom home builder—is 2,716+/- sqft and features a chef’s kitchen with concrete counters and Wolf range, large master suite with walk-in shower and tub, 2 spacious walk-in closets, large office, open beam ceilings, and Kolbe and Kolbe Windows. Sit out on the deck and enjoy the moon rise over Duncan Peak with a glass of fine wine, or soak in the hot tub and watch the sunrise over the Mayacama Mountains.
The home also features an oversized 3-car garage and 1 bedroom apartment above. Taking a short walk outside leads you to the professionally installed and maintained English garden and fruit orchard. Other improvements include a trailer barn, sleeping cabin, tractor, and storage shop. For our wildlife enthusiasts, the property is rich with Blacktail deer, turkey, and California quail.
- Gorgeous Single Level Residence built by Jeff Rea Construction in 2006
- Elegant fenced English garden
- Lush landscaping and 5+/- acre meadow surrounding the residence and guest suite
- Watch the full moon rise over Duncan peak over a glass of wine
- Expansive windows lead to spectacular panoramic views
- Private decks, gourmet kitchen, delightful sleeping cabin…
- Enjoy your own microclimate climate at 1800′ elevation
- Fenced lavender field, fenced Orchard, 2 seasonal creeks…
- Paved county road access to the ranch gate
Presented at $2,100,000